Whether or not you have a club registered, you can organize an event on campus. Here are some tips to help you plan your event.
- Ensure that you have received all of the approvals and permits necessary to hold your event.
- Determine your event budget, including how the budget will be funded. Will a campus club or other organization fund your event?
- Select a location on your campus, and make sure you have permission to use that location.
- If the event will have alcohol, make sure you have the necessary permits and campus security in place.
- Book any audio and visual needs, including projectors and microphones, with the appropriate office on your campus.
- Advertise your event across campus and on social media and encourage people to RSVP.
- Ensure that you have sufficient volunteers to staff the event. A good ratio is 1 volunteer for every 20 guests. Volunteers can hand our materials, organize crowds, assist with registration and collecting contact information, take photos, and post updates to social media.
- Remember to follow all necessary campus policies and procedures.