Trans Mountain Townhall
As a member of Canada’s Energy Citizens, you understand the vital role the oil and gas industry plays in BC’s economy. Over 20,000 people are employed in BC by industry which contributed over $1.5 billion to the provincial government last year alone. This money helps fund the schools, healthcare and other important infrastructure we need to build a bright future for our province and our families
You are also aware of the need for new Canadian pipelines – the safest and most environmentally friendly way of moving energy products.
With that said we wanted to let you know that there will be a townhall meeting for the Trans Mountain pipeline in your community of Chilliwack.
Date: Wednesday, March 8
Location: Coast Chilliwack Hotel, 45920 First Ave, Chilliwack, BC V2P 7K1
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
You are invited to learn more about the pipeline in Chilliwack, show your support for the project and share your feedback with the Trans Mountain Expansion Project team.
While the conference board of Canada estimates that the Trans Mountain project will mean an average of almost $1 billion in economic activity and nearly 34,000 jobs annually for 20 years, the project will have a lot of benefits locally. The direct local benefits to Chilliwack are:
- Annual Tax Revenue of $1,608,000 (to the City of Chilliwack), an increase of $944,000
- Construction spending of $626 million (in the Fraser Valley region).
- Workforce spending of $58.6 million (in local spending in the Fraser Valley region by local and non-local workers during construction)
- The Community Benefit Agreement which will mean $1.2 million that the City of Chilliwack will use for a new Vedder Greenway Pedestrian Trail Bridge
- Trans Mountain will increase pipe wall thickness and add an additional mainline isolation valve on either side of the Sardis Vedder Aquifer
And share this page with your friends by sharing this link on your Facebook or Twitter profile.
Canada’s Energy Citizens