Oil and natural gas is more than one profession or one region. Did you know that Canada's oil and natural gas industry employs more than 500,000 people from coast to coast to coast? Our industry generates $109 billion for Canada’s GDP and $8 billion a year in government revenues. During the COVID-19 crisis, oil and natural gas workers are working to provide essential services like natural gas to heat our homes, and fuel to power our lights and transport our food.
As someone who either works in Canada’s oil and natural gas industry, or whose living depends on a strong oil and gas sector, we want to help share your story. Tell us how the current COVID-19 crisis and oil price crash is affecting you and your family, and why Canadians need to unite in support for our oil and natural gas industry.
- Record a 30 second video with the following:
- Tell us who you are and where you are from, how you’ve been impacted, and what a strong Canadian oil and natural gas industry means to you.
- Shoot the video in landscape mode (e.g. if you are using your phone, hold it sideways).
- Try to shoot somewhere that’s well lit, with little background noise and a visually calm background.
- Don't mention your company name or use any company logos.
- We are a non-partisan organization. Any videos mentioning political parties or politicians will be rejected.
- Be yourself!